Wells Mountain Foundation offers the Empowerment through Education Scholarship Program for secondary school leavers to study for a bachelor’s degree in developing countries for the 2023 academic year.
The foundation’s hope is that by providing the opportunity to further one’s education, the scholarship participants will not only be able to improve their own future, but also that of their own communities.
Application Deadline: 1st March, 2023
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries; Developing Countries
Eligible Field of Studies: All fields are eligible although WMF intend to favor helping professions such as health care, social work, education, social justice, as well as, professions that help the economy and progress of the country such as computers, engineering, agriculture and business.
Number of Awards: 60 to 80 per year
Value of Scholarships: Maximum scholarship is $3,000 USD.
- tuition and fees
- books and materials
- room rent and meals
Eligibility: To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, applicant must be a student, male or female, from a country in the developing world, who:
- successfully completed a secondary education, with good to excellent grades
- Is 35 or under on March 1, 2023
- will be studying in their country or another country in the developing world*
- plans to live and work in their own country after they graduate
- has volunteered prior to applying for this scholarship and/or is willing to volunteer while receiving the WMF scholarship
- may have some other funds available for their education, but will not be able to go to school without a scholarship
How to Apply: Click Here To Apply
The following are required elements for an application to be considered complete:
- Clear personal photo
- Essay (topic is stated on application form)
- 2023 application form
- Personal essay statement
- Two recommendation letters*
- Official transcript of grades from secondary school
- Official grading key to interpret secondary school grades**
- Official transcript of grades from tertiary studies (if applicable)
- Official grading key to interpret tertiary grades**
- Official results from your national exam
- Official grading key to interpret scores on your national exam**