The University of Medical Sciences (UNIMED), Ondo, Ondo State, the first Nigerian specialized Medical and Health Sciences University, was established in 2014 with the mission to foster excellence in teaching, research and service delivery in all Health related Science Disciplines. Since its establishment, the University has created a niche for itself in being one of the few public universities with a stable uninterrupted academic calendar and exceptionally high quality educational delivery. The University hereby invites all eligible candidates to apply for admission for the Supplementary Post-UTME Screening Exercise for 2022/2023 Academic Session into the following Faculties / Disciplines:
Faculty of Basic Medical Sciences
Faculty of Allied Health Sciences
1. Medical Laboratory Science
2. Radiography and Radiation Science
3. Human Nutrition and Dietetics
Faculty of Medical Rehabilitation
1. Prosthetics and Orthotics
Faculty of Science
2. Physics Electronics
4. Biological Sciences:
a. Animal and Environmental Biology(option in Cell Biology and Genetics)
c. Plant Biology and Biotechnology
d. Environmental Management and Toxicology
6. Food Science
7. Science Laboratory Technology
8. Computer Science
10. Information Technology
School of Public Health
1. Community Health Science
2. Environmental Health Science
1. Candidates who made University of Medical Sciences, Ondo their first and second choices in the 2022 UTME and scored 160 and above are eligible for the Post UTME Screening. In addition, candidates who did not choose the University of Medical Sciences, Ondo, and are willing to change to the University are also eligible for the screening
2. Candidates must possess five (5) credit passes at one sitting in relevant O/Level subjects including English Language and Mathematics for the MBBS/BDS programme and not more than two sittings in relevant O/Level subjects including English and Mathematics for other programmes in the University.
3. Direct entry candidates who have already applied to JAMB and who possess a minimum of 10 points in relevant ‘A’ level subjects or a B.Sc. (Hons) degree in the Basic Medical or Biological Sciences with a minimum of Second Class (Lower Division) are also eligible to apply for Medicine and Surgery and Dentistry Courses.
JAMB UTME SUBJECT COMBINATION
All courses in Faculties require English Language, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology in UTME. Candidates in Mathematics require English Language, Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics or Biology in the UTME.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE UNIMED POST-UTME SCREENING EXERCISE:
Eligible candidates should log on to the University website www.unimed.edu.ng and take the following steps:
1. Click on Admission;
2. Click on Post-UTME to access the Post-UTME Portal;
3. Click on PAYMENT to make payment via online payment system using Debit Cards.
4. After payment, Print Payment Receipt
5. On the Post-UTME Portal, Click on Application Form to Login with your UTME Registration Number and Payment Transaction ID as Password to complete the screening form.
For more details on payment and application, check the University’s website on www.unimed.edu.ng and for any online issues, please send an email to [email protected]
SCREENING SCHEDULE AND VENUE OF EXAMINATION
The Screening Exercise will hold from 30th August – 1st September, 2022. The Venue of Examination is University of Medical Sciences, Odosida Campus, Ondo City, Ondo State. Candidates date and time will be generated on the application slip. Candidates are advised to get the official UNIMED Post-UTME Past questions and Answers. This will enable them prepare adequately for the screening exercise. CLICK HERE now to get yours.
ALSO, NOTE THE FOLLOWING ISSUES
1. All candidates are requested to bring along the following items to the screening venue:
a. JAMB UTME Notification of Results or Registration Slips for Direct-Entry Candidates;
b. Printed copy of the completed 2022/2023 Admission Screening slip.
2. Direct Entry Candidates are to forward their Transcript directly to the Registrar, University of Medical Sciences. 3. For more information or clarifications, candidates are advised to visit the University website, www.unimed.edu.ng, send an e-mail to [email protected], or call the following phone numbers: +234-706-957-3618, +234-905-826-3636, +234-813-551-3654.
4. Any candidate who fails to present himself/herself for the Admission Screening Exercise will NOT be considered for admission.
Kindly note that the University does NOT have individual/sales agents. For the avoidance of doubt, valid and authentic details about admissions into the programmes offered by UNIMED can be obtained only at the University’s administrative office and at the university’s website, www.unimed.edu.ng.
Also note that valid payments for purchase of forms can ONLY be done as described above and NOT into any individual’s account. Anyone who deals with any individual and/or makes payment(s) into any individual’s account does so at her/his own risk!
Dr Woleola Ekundayo
Share This Post:
Thank you so much for reading this article. Please like and comment with your reactions below. Tell a friend about us 😘