Sule Lamido University (SLU) Kafin Hausa, Jigawa State, has released the approved academic calendar for the merged Second Semester of the 2021/2022 and 2022/2023 academic sessions. The calendar outlines key dates and events for the semester, ensuring a well-structured academic experience for all students.
Sule Lamido University Academic Calendar
- Second Semester Begins: Monday, 8th May 2023 The Second Semester commences on the 8th of May 2023, with seventeen weeks of lectures and SIWES activities.
- Marking of First Semester Examination Scripts: Monday, 8th May to Friday, 19th May 2023 The marking of First Semester examination scripts and collation of examination results will take place over two weeks.
- Departmental Board of Examiners Meetings: Monday, 22nd & Tuesday, 23rd May 2023 The Departmental Board of Examiners will meet for two days to consider the First Semester examination results.
- Faculty Board Meetings: Wednesday, 24th May to Friday, 26th May 2023 Faculty Board Meetings will take place over three days to discuss and approve the First Semester examination results.
- Senate Business Committee (SBC) Meeting: Monday, 29th May to Friday, 2nd June 2023 The SBC will meet for one week to consider the First Semester examination results.
- Senate (Examinations) Meeting: Thursday, 8th June 2023 The Senate (Examinations) Meeting will occur on the 8th of June 2023.
- Students’ Week: Monday, 5th June to Friday, 9th June 2023 Students’ Week is scheduled for one week, with various activities planned for the students.
- Mid-Semester/Sallah Break: Monday, 26th June to Sunday, 9th July 2023 A two-week break will take place for Mid-Semester and Sallah celebrations.
- Continuation of Lectures: Monday, 9th July 2023 Lectures will resume on the 9th of July 2023 after the break.
- End of Second Semester Examinations: Monday, 7th August to Saturday, 26th August 2023 The Second Semester examinations will span over three weeks.
- End of Session Vacation: Monday, 4th September to Sunday, 15th October 2023 A six-week vacation will mark the end of the session.
- Marking of Examination Scripts & Collation of Examination Results: Monday, 28th August to Friday, 8th September 2023 The marking of Second Semester examination scripts and collation of results will take two weeks.
- Departmental and Faculty Board of Examiners Meetings: September 2023 The Departmental and Faculty Board of Examiners will meet in September 2023 to consider the Second Semester examination results.
- Senate Business Committee (SBC) Meeting: Monday, 18th September to Friday, 22nd September 2023 The SBC will meet for one week to consider the Second Semester examination results.
The Sule Lamido University has taken a proactive approach to streamline the academic calendar for the Second Semester of the 2021/2022 and 2022/2023 academic sessions. This will ensure a smooth and well-coordinated semester for both students and faculty. Students are encouraged to take note of the key.
Leave a Reply