LSHTM – UK is offering a scholarship program to those interested in acquiring the knowledge and skills required to design, implement and evaluate evidence-based sexual and reproductive health programs and policies in sub-Saharan Africa and other low- and middle-income settings.
The SRHP&P Scholarship fund aims to contribute to strengthening sexual and reproductive health in sub-Saharan Africa.
Application Deadline: 16 March 2023
Eligible Countries: For some of the scholarships, preference will be given to applicants who are nationals of, and ordinarily resident in, the following countries: Benin, Burkina Faso, Central African Republic, Guinea-Bissau, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Ethiopia, Ghana, Liberia, Rwanda, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Tanzania.
To be taken: Online
Value of Award: Each scholarship will cover:
- Full tuition fees at the LSHTM low- and middle-income country fee rate (GBP 17,000.00), and
- A one-time allowance of GBP 1,000.00 for IT equipment and/or internet costs and/or other learning costs. The allowance is primarily intended to be a contribution to IT costs so that students have regular access to a computer and a reliable internet service to ensure effective online learning. Applicants are expected to check that they can meet the IT requirements and information for this program of study before submitting an application. Where no IT costs or support are required a student may use this allowance for other learning costs.
Please note that this scholarship does not provide a living allowance or stipend.
Number of Awards: 45
Duration of Awards: 12 months full-time or 24-36 months part-time.
Eligibility: To be eligible for these competitive scholarships, applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be nationals of, and ordinarily resident in, a sub-Saharan African country, as defined by the World Bank.
- Have submitted an application for the online MSc Sexual and Reproductive Health Policy and Programming program, with all required supplementary documents.
- Have worked either in sexual and reproductive health field or other health-related fields (s) in any sub-Saharan African country for a minimum of two years.
How to Apply: To apply for this funding, prospective applicants should:
- Submit an application for study for the MSc Sexual and Reproductive Health Policy and Programming via the LSHTM admissions portal
- Ensure that all supporting documents, including the Supplementary Questions form, are submitted before the deadline of 23:59 (GMT) on Thursday 16 March 2023.
A full list of required application documents and information can be found on the LSHTM Before you apply (MSc) page.In the admissions portal, please select ‘MSc SRHP&P Scholarship’ from the drop-down menu in the Scholarship & Funding section.