One Young World is passionate about nurturing the capacity of young leaders from all backgrounds. This scholarship programme has been created to enhance our inclusion of young leaders from refugee backgrounds. The scholarship will enable young leaders to participate in the One Young World Summit 2023 which takes place in Belfast, UK. In addition to participating in the Summit, each scholar will join the One Young World Ambassador community, providing them with access to a continued programme of mentorship, educational events, speaking engagements, and funding opportunities.
Application Deadline: 12 June, 2023
Scholars will receive:
- Delegate access to the One Young World Summit 2023 in Belfast UK from 2 – 5 October.
- Hotel accommodation in Belfast from 1 – 5 October.
- Meals and catering throughout the Summit.
- Return travel to Belfast.
- Permanent membership of the One Young World Ambassador community.
- Must be a refugee or have direct personal experience of forced displacement.
- Aged 18 – 35, the date of the One Young World Summit 2023.
- Proven leadership ability (role models) in their communities.
- A capacity for innovation and value-driven problem-solving.
- An ability to generate and articulate impactful ideas.
- Evidenced commitment to creating a positive impact for refugee communities. Examples may include; improving access to education, jobs creation or skills training, advocacy, engagement with sports, improving access to healthcare, poverty alleviation.
Leave a Reply