The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (Operator of the NNPC/SPDC /TEPNG/AGIP Joint Venture), pursuant to its Social Investment programme in Education, which aims to promote academic excellence and enhance the employability of young Nigerians, invites suitably qualified Nigerian Students admitted into Full Time academic studies in the 2020/2021 session to apply for its University Scholarship Scheme.
The merit-based scholarship is in two categories – the National Merit Award (NM) and the Areas of Operation Merit Award(OM).
- National Merit Award (NM): Open to all Nigerians.
- Areas of Operation Merit Award: Open to Nigerians who are indigenes of SPDC’s operational areas in Bayelsa, Delta, Imo, and Rivers States.
Shell Undergraduate Scholarship Eligibility
- Must be citizens of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
- Must be registered as FULL-TIME undergraduates at a university in Nigeria that is accredited and approved.
- Must be in 200 Level (as of January 2023) or have proof of acceptance into an Undergraduate programme for the 2020/2021 academic year.
- Must not have received any other scholarship from a national or international organisation operating in the oil and gas industry.
How to Apply for Shell Undergraduate Scholarship
Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should apply by clicking on the “Apply” button below:
- All applicants should have their personal valid email account (for consistent communication)
- Applicants for Operational Area Awards are required to provide scanned copies of letters of identification, which must be duly stamped and signed by:
- The Paramount Ruler of the Community; and
- The Chairman of the Community Development (CDC) or
- The Chairman of the Executive Council (CEC) or
- The letters should be addressed to: “The Manager, Social Performance, The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited, Port Harcourt, Rivers State”.
- Shell DOES NOT DEMAND PAYMENT FROM APPLICANTS. The application is entirely FREE of charge
- Shell DOES NOT ASSIGN ‘Representatives’/ ‘Agents’ to assist applicants process applications
- Applications open on the 3rd of January 2023 and close on the 3rd of February 2023
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for the proctored computer-based test
- Only successful candidates at each selection stage will be contacted
- Applications must be processed ONLY through the Shell Nigeria website
RECOMMENDED: Check Here for More Scholarships and Opportunities.