The UM6P and EPFL have launched the 2023 ‘100 Ph.D.s for Africa’ program for students seeking to complete a Ph.D. at an African institution. The program is designed to fund graduates in the field of science and engineering to enhance their research skills through collaboration with EPFL professors.
Application Deadline: 18th April 2023
Eligible Countries: African countries
Value of Award: The Ph.D. candidates benefiting from this program will be jointly supervised by a professor of an African institution and by an EPFL professor. They will conduct their doctoral studies and their thesis research at their home institution, and they will spend short periods of time at EPFL and at UM6P (summer and spring schools, workshops, conferences). Their degree will be awarded by their institution in Africa.
Number of Awards: 100
Eligibility: To be eligible for this program, you have
- To be a national of an African country
- To hold a Master’s degree awarded after the 1st of January 2020 or to be enrolled in the final year of the master’s study
- To have an outstanding academic track record
- To be enrolled in an African academic institution and reside in an African country for the duration of the Ph.D.
- To have the endorsement of a professor of an African institution willing to supervise the doctoral thesis for its full duration
How to Apply: Visit the EPFL application page for complete guidelines
Leave a Reply