The Berkman Klein Center for Internet & Society at Harvard University is now accepting fellowship applications for the 2023-2024 academic year through our open call. This opportunity is for scholars who wish to spend 2023-2024 in residence in Cambridge, MA as part of the Center’s vibrant community of research and practice, and who seek to engage in collaborative, cross-disciplinary, and cross-sectoral exploration of the Internet’s most important issues.
Application Deadline: 9th January 2023
Eligible Countries: International
To Be Taken At (Country): Boston, USA
Number of Awards: Not spedified
Value and Duration of Award: Those selected for the program spend two full semesters at Harvard auditing classes with some of the university’s greatest thinkers, participating in Nieman events and collaborating with peers. Nieman Fellows are also able to audit classes at other local universities including MIT and Tufts.
- Some fellows are academics. For the 2023-2024 year, we invite academics who are post-docs or professors. Please note that in the 2023-2024 academic year we are not welcoming students into our fellowship cohort. (We will spend the year focused on supporting Harvard students through other types of programming, and may solicit applications from students from other institutions through other efforts, such as our research sprints.)
- Some fellows are practitioners who have built their careers outside of academia, including technologists, entrepreneurs, lawyers, policymakers, activists, journalists, educators, and others from various sectors and callings.
- Many fellows wear multiple hats and straddle different pursuits at the intersections of their capacities. Fellows might be starting, rebooting, driving forward in, questioning, or pivoting from their established careers.
- For the 2023-2024 year, we will prioritize and select for fellows who have a demonstrated record of contributing to public and scholarly conversations in their area of study.
- Fellows are committed to spending their fellowship in concert with others, guided by a heap of kindness, a critical eye, and generosity of spirit.
Instructions for creating an account and submitting an application through BKC’s Application Tracker may be found here.