The Premium Times Centre for Investigative Journalism (PTCIJ), through its Natural Resource and Extractive Programme (NAREP), is pleased to invite journalists, media professionals, researchers and analysts in the oil and gas sector to apply for its flagship media fellowship.
This fellowship aims to strengthen the capacity of media and civil society to demand transparency and accountability in the extractive sector by enhancing media and civil society collaboration in the reporting of activities in the industry. It seeks to highlight issues and help set the agenda for the government in designing strategies for revenue diversification by looking beyond oil. This fellowship aims to advance natural resource journalism in Nigeria.
Application Deadline: 28th April 2023
Eligible Countries: Nigeria
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award:
- Training and Mentorship opportunities for fellows
- Access to data and resources in the oil and gas industry
- 100,000 Naira Monthly Stipend
- Media Appearances on topical oil and gas issues
Eligibility: The fellowship is open to all experienced Nigerian journalists working in the extractives sector (Oil and Gas and solid minerals). Analysts and researchers working around the extractive sector reforms can also apply.
- Applicants must have relevant experience in investigative reporting, data or policy analysis.
- Overall story idea must be centred around solid minerals and oil and gas.
- Female journalists are encouraged to apply.
- Applicants living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. (If you do not hear from us by the first week of May, please consider your application unsuccessful.)
How to Apply: Click here to apply.
Leave a Reply