The French Institutes for Advanced Study(FIAS) is an international mobility program proposing high-level scientific residencies in the seven Institute for Advanced Study (IAS) of Aix-Marseille, Loire Valley (Orléans-Tours), Lyon, Montpellier, Nantes, Paris, and Rennes.
The FIAS fellowship program supports high-quality and innovative research as fellows conduct their research with the greatest freedom and benefit from the strong scientific and extra-academic support by the institutes. Initiated in 2020, the FIAS Fellowship program will run until the 2024-2025 academic year. For the 2024-2025 academic year, 40 fellowships of 10 months are available for experienced researchers from all fields of social sciences and the humanities.
Application Deadline: June 6, 2023
Eligible Countries: All countries
Award Value: Short-listed fellows will receive;
- A net living allowance (equivalent to take-home pay) of €2,700 per month
- Two flexible contractual options, considering individual situations: work contracts or paid leave
- Adequate social security coverage
- Accommodation or support for relocation
- An individual research and training budget equivalent to €2,500 per year
- Travel expenses (one round trip from the fellow home country)
- Same working conditions as the IAS’ other fellows, including individual offices, special access and lending privileges in university-based research libraries, IT services, multiple collective spaces
- Skills training opportunities
Eligibility: To qualify for this program, prospective fellows must;
- Be open to outstanding researchers of all career levels, from postdoctoral researchers to senior scientists.
- Have a minimum requirement of a Ph.D. + 2 years of research experience at the time of the application. Exception will be made for scholars with a Master + 6 years of full-time research experience after the degree (PhD training will not be considered in the calculation of experience).
- Researchers from all countries are eligible to the FIAS Fellowship Programme but they must have spent no more than 12 months in France during the three years prior to the application deadline.
How t Apply: Interested applicants should click here to apply.
Leave a Reply