The European Geosciences Union (EGU) fellowships enable journalists to report, in any European language, on ongoing research in the Earth, planetary, or space sciences, with successful applicants receiving up to €5,000 to cover expenses related to their projects. Proposals are invited from professional, active journalists.
Application Deadline: June 16, 2023
Eligible Countries: All
- The EGU may award single or multiple fellowships, with a total of up to €5,000 allocated between the selected candidates. The award is not to function as a salary or to cover applicants’ wages, but rather to fund all or partial expenses related to their projects. The award can, for example, cover travel-related costs, such as flights and accommodation, as well as expenses related to video, audio, or photography. The winner (s) will receive part of the award in advance and part upon successful completion of their project(s).
- In addition, the winner(s) will be invited, with travel expenses paid up to €1,000, to attend the EGU General Assembly following the completion of their projects to discuss their experience following scientists on location
Eligibility: Proposals are invited from professional, active journalists to report on ongoing research within the Earth, planetary, and space sciences. Competitive proposals will:
- Focus on a topic in the geosciences (including planetary and space sciences) with potential broad public appeal and within the remit of EGU’s scientific divisions.
- Outline an original, well-informed approach to the subject.
- Feature leading Europe-based researchers and/or have European relevance.
How to Apply: Interested applicants can follow this link to apply.
Leave a Reply