The Foundation offers grants of up to £200,000 over four years in support of innovative project ideas and approaches that seek to strengthen the ability of civic voices to engage with governments and that have the potential to improve governance and development outcomes through their active participation.
The Foundation believes in the power of stories and storytelling for social change and will award grants for creative approaches that have the potential to influence public discourse.
Application Deadline: 1st November 2022
Eligible Countries: Commonwealth countries
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: up to £200,000 over four years
Eligible Fields of Funding: The Foundation’s Strategic Plan 2021-2026 is strongly linked to the Commonwealth Charter and its values and aspirations, and it identifies three thematic areas of focus:
- Environment and climate change
- Freedom of expression
Eligibility: To be eligible for a grant, the following criteria must be met:
- The applicant and, when applicable, partner(s) are registered not for profit civil society organisations (CSOs).
- The applicant and, when applicable, partner(s) must be based in a Commonwealth Foundation member country and the project should take place in an eligible Commonwealth Foundation member country. A list of countries eligible under this call is available at Annex 1.
- The application is for funding for a maximum of £50,000 per annum
- The applicant is applying for funding for a maximum of four years
- The applicant does not have an existing grant from the Commonwealth Foundation at the time the application window is open.
- The average of the applicant’s total income over the last two years is less than £3m
- The project must address one or both Commonwealth Foundation’s outcomes
- The applicant will provide the following documents as part of the application:
- a completed logic model using the Commonwealth Foundation template
- a copy of the organisation’s registration certificate1 (the official registration document provided by the relevant authorities in the country concerned)
- a copy of the organisation’s most recent audited accounts (it must include both the accounts and the opinion of the external auditor who has certified them; it should not be older than December 2016)
- a copy of the registration certificate for all partner organisations
How to Apply: APPLY HERE
Will you like to apply for this scholarship program?