The Government of the Republic of Serbia is offering scholarships for Bachelor’s, Master’s and Doctoral programmes to the citizens of the Non-Aligned Movement (NAM) member countries, including South Africa, to study at the identified higher education institutions for the 2022/2023 academic year
Application Deadline: 13th October 2022
Eligible Countries: South Africa
Type: Bachelor’s, Master’s, PhD
Value of Award: The World in Serbia scholarship covers the following:
- Free Serbian language preparatory course (Serbian on-line course and Serbian language intensive course upon arrival in the Republic of Serbia);
- Tuition at basic academic or vocational studies, specialist vocational studies, master academic studies or doctoral studies;
- Monthly stipend to the value of 15.000,00 Serbian dinars (approximately R 2165.01);
- Student accommodation and food expenses;
- Compulsory health insurance (up to age of 26);
- Residence Visa; and
- Free verification of secondary and higher education.
The Department will provide support to successful awardees with travel costs to and from Serbia, as well as a settlement allowance.
Number of Awards: Not Mentioned
- Citizen of a of a NAM member/observer state;
- Must be nominated by the South African Government through the Department of Higher Education and Training;
- Must be under the age of:
- 21 for first degree studies – Bachelor academic studies and Bachelor vocational studies;
- 25 for specialist vocational studies of first degree and for the second degree studies: Master’s degree academic studies, Master’s degree vocational studies, specialist academic studies;
- 35 for third degree studies – Doctoral academic studies.
- Applicants must hold academic/vocational studies completed over four years for Bachelor’s programme.
- Applicants must be in good command of English or Serbian language;
- All applicants must be in good health, and produce a medical certificate not older than 6 months, confirming that they have not contracted an infectious/contagious disease and a Negative HIV test.
How to Apply: Applicants must complete the Ministry of Education, Science and Technological Development Application form, attach the required supporting documents, and submit to [email protected].
Applicants must submit the following documents:
- A complete application form with two selected study programmes
- A CV with a motivational letter;
- Certified copy of passport;
- Certified copies of all post-school qualification certificate;
- Certified copies of all post-school academic transcripts;
- English or Serbian Language proficiency certificate;
- Medical certificate not older than 6 months confirming that you do not suffer from an infectious/contagious disease; and
- A negative HIV test
All documents submitted must be clear and in PDF format (no photographs of documents will be accepted).
Note: after passing entrance exam and admission to a specific programme, scholarship holders will not be permitted to change the study programme.
Will you like to apply for this scholarship program?