The chairman of University of Calabar, Academic Staff Union Of Universities (ASUU), Tony Eyang has declared that the union will not surrender until the government responds to the demands of the union.
Eyang told Vanguard on Thursday in Calabar that the stand was for the interest of education which has been subjected to untold neglect by successive governments in the country.
He added that it is regrettable that it got to this point but the reason is for the government to do the needful, he stressed that if the issue is not resolved, they will not surrender even if it means embarking on a total and indefinite strike for 5 years.
- ASUU ISSUES FG, STATE GOVERNMENT 14 DAYS ULTIMATUM OVER SALARY SHORTAGE
- Breaking!! ASUU Declares Indefinite Strike From 14th August 2017.
- Again, Senate/ASUU meeting ends in deadlock
- NO TRCN CERTIFICATE, NO TEACHING JOB – FG
- BREAKING!!! National ASUU To Commence One Week Warning Strike On November 16