Two suicide bombers in the early hours of Friday killed themselves at a police checkpoint near the Federal High Court Complex in Maiduguri, after police officers on guard tried to stop them from advancing towards their post. A third suicide bomber was arrested, the police said.
According to the Borno State Police Public Relations Officer, Victor Isuku,
“By 3:50 a.m. today, mobile police personnel on guard duty opposite the federal high court, sighted three suspected suicide bombers (2females & a male) running towards their sandbag”, said Mr. Isuku, a deputy superintendent of police.
“They ordered them to a halt for questioning. In the process, one of them detonated the IED strapped to her body, killing herself and one other male accomplice.
“The other female survivor was arrested alive and subsequently handed over to the military for further exploitation and necessary follow up actions.
“Police bomb disposal units also mobilized to the scene to detonate unexploded IEDs on the bodies of the deceased suicide bombers. The second bang was as a result of the demolition of the remaining IEDs by police EOD units. Normalcy has already been restored”.
- 14 Year Old Girl Gang-raped By Five Men Left To Die In The Bush
- Top Boko Haram Commander arrested in home of Borno LG Chairman
- Fear and panic returns to Ejigbo after a notorious cult leader who terrorised the area with his gang was released from police cell.
- Photos of police vehicles allegedly recovered from former IGP, Solomon Arase
- Photos: Robbers who attacked Basketmouth confess how they pulled the act