A 63-year-old man, Korede Odubela, has been arrested by the Ogun State Police Command for allegedly killing his 16-year-old stepdaughter, Amudat Oshimodi, for ritual purposes.
The suspect was said to have connived with another accomplice, Lekan Lawal, to commit the crime at Imosan village, in the Odogbolu Local Government Area of the state.
Commissioner of Police, Ahmed Iliyasu,said Odubela, who was the leader of the gang, connived with Lawal to strangle Oshimodi, after which they sold her head and hands to ritual killers.
The police commissioner said the men of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad received information about their activities and swooped on them on Monday, November 7, 2016.
Odubela said he connived with Lawal to kill his stepdaughter because the 16-year-old girl was always stealing her mother’s money.
He said, “The mother said we should kill her as a sacrifice for other children she had. She (Oshimodi) normally slept by the outside door. On that day, around 12 midnight, I invited Lekan Lawal, and he held the girl by the neck and strangled her while I held her legs.”
Odubela said he sold Amudat’s head to his son, Seun, a herbalist who paid him N3,000, as part payment.However, Odubela’s wife, Fausat, denied asking her husband to kill her daughter.
Iliyasu said the case was still under investigation, while the corpse of Amudat had been deposited at the morgue of the Ijebu Ode General Hospital.
- A Nigerian student who allegedly killed a 7-year-old girl for ritual purposes has been apprehended by by security operatives in Rivers state.
- Photo: Man stabs mum to death in Abeokuta
- A village head and some two others have been nabbed by the law after they were found out to have murdered a police inspector.
- 14 Year Old Girl Gang-raped By Five Men Left To Die In The Bush
- Police Arrest Woman Who Assaulted 7-year-old Girl With Hot Knife And Pepper