1>>We congratulate graduands on the successful
completion of their courses in the University.
Graduation is a very important aspect of your life.
Therefore, please read this notice very carefully :< br /> 1. Graduands are expected to collect academic outfits
before the Ceremony, after presenting the receipt of
payment of school fees containing the appropriate
Graduation levy for Diploma/Certificate, First Degree
and Higher Degree as well as a separate receipt of
N1,000.00 (One Thousand Naira only) for the University
of Ibadan Alumni Association (UIAA) Membership levy.
The levy of N1,000.00 (One Thousand Naira only) must
be paid to the Alumni Office.
All Graduands are expected to pay the levies as stipulated
whether or not they attend the convocation ceremonies.
2. Graduands are expected to pay a refundable deposit of
N500.00 (Five Hundred Naira) only to their respective
Faculty Officers for the academic outfits.
3. Academic outfits Notices and Order of Proceedings (if
available) will be issued on the presentation of
appropriate receipts, at the Graduands’ respective
Faculties. Please note that Academic Outfits will not
be distributed at the convocation venue.
4. Academic outfits should be returned not later than 48
hours after the Ceremony. Failure to do so will attract a
Surcharge of N00 (Five Hundred Naira) only per day.
5. Graduands who fail to return the academic outfit will
have their certificates withheld until they fulfill the above
6. Graduands are advised to be at the International
Conference Centre at 7.00 a.m. on each day to ensure
that they are properly robed. The Faculty Officers would
be seated with graduands of their Faculty to ensure
orderliness during the ceremony.
The tassels (cord) of the caps should be worn to the
right for First Degree Graduands and they will be
required to move the tassels from the right to the left,
at a point in time during the Ceremony, when the Vice-
Chancellor declares: “I admit you all”. This signifies
their admission into the body of Graduates of the
University of Ibadan.
Higher Degree recipients should wear their tassels to
the left since they are already First Degree Holders.
7. Female Graduands are expected to courtesy when they
shake hands with the Vice-Chancellor, while male
Graduands will bow, but should not remove their caps.
8. Graduands are to enter International Conference
Centre through the back gate. They shall move in a
Procession at 8.15 a.m. into the Hall on each day.
9. Graduands in each Faculty are expected to be seated in
the section provided for them in the Hall. The Order of
Proceedings will be given out to Graduands by their
respective Faculty Officers and the Deputy Registrar (The
Postgraduate School) as the case may be (If not already
given at the respective Faculty Offices/The Postgraduate
10. Graduation ceremony is a solemn occasion. Graduands
and their visitors are, therefore, expected to maintain a
solemn atmosphere throughout the programme.
11. Graduands and visitors are expected to stand when the
Academic Procession enters/leaves the Hall and when
the National Anthem/University Anthem are being sung
or played. Graduands are requested to please be orderly
and wait till the end of the Ceremony.
12. For acceptable format of dressing for the ceremony,
please visit the University of Ibadan website (ui.edu.ng).
13. Graduands should note that convocation ceremony is a
solemn one. Therefore, movement in and out of the
hall during the ceremony will not be allowed.
Olujimi I. Olukoya, MNIM, FPA
- Convocation: Notice to Graduates of Kwararafa University
- Aliko Dangote Conferred with University of Ibadan’s 100th Honorary Degree as a Doctor of Science
- UNILAG Admission into Institute of Continuing Education (Sandwich) 2017/18
- Admission requirements into Engineering and Technology department
- AKSU School Fees & Course Registration Deadline – 2nd Semester 2016/17