The Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU in a meeting which held on friday 12th november 2016 said it would commence a one week warning strike on 16th October, 2016.
In a memo that was released last week and signed By the ASUU National president , it said that the Federal Government had failed to embark on meaningful dialogue with the union.
“We have tried to dialogue with the Federal Government but they have been playing games with us; we will start with a warning strike to show them we are not jokers.
“ASUU has being trying to get the attention of the Federal Government to intervene in the academic system of universities across Nigeria but it has all been abortive.
“Consequently, ASUU will give a warning strike which will start on 16th November . “The strike will last for one week, and if they do not give us listening ears, we will start the indefinite strike .
- Breaking! ASUU ends one-week warning strike, asks lecturers to go back to work
- Breaking!! ASUU Declares Indefinite Strike From 14th August 2017.
- ASUU To Decide On Nation Wide Strike This Weekend
- FG Begs ASUP To Suspend Strike
- ASUU Strike: FG To Disburse N23bn To ASUU Next Week